Open vSwitch and OVN 2023 Fall Conference
The Open vSwitch project, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, will host its ninth annual conference focused on Open vSwitch and OVN on December 6&7, 2023. The conference will be held online. Talks will be pre-recorded and played back during the conference. We will use an online system that allows for text-based discussion, and live Q&A while the talk is being played. Each talk will have time reserved following the presentation for further discussion via both text and over video and audio with the presenters. Each talk will be given once.
How to propose a Talk
We are seeing long and short ("lightning") talks on topics related to Open vSwitch and OVN. We expect long talks to last 25 minutes with an additional 5 minutes for questions, and short talks to last 10 minutes.
We will also accept proposals for panel discussions and workshops. Please submit them as full talks and make it clear in the description that you are proposing a panel or workshop.
Please submit proposals to email@example.com by September 15. Proposals should include:
- Title and abstract.
- Names, email address, and affiliation for each speaker.
- Whether you are proposing a full talk or a lightning talk or either one at the committee's discretion.
Speakers will be notified of acceptance by September 29.
Topics that may be considered, among others, include:
- The future of Open vSwitch and OVN (e.g., AF_XDP, P4, and eBPF).
- NAT, DPI, and stateful processing with Open vSwitch.
- Deploying and using OVN.
- Testing and scaling OVN.
- NIC acceleration of Open vSwitch.
- Using Open vSwitch to realize NFV and service chaining.
- Porting Open vSwitch to new operating systems, hypervisors, or container systems.
- Integrating Open vSwitch into larger systems.
- Troubleshooting and debugging Open vSwitch installations.
- Open vSwitch development and testing practices.
- Performance measurements or approaches to improving performance.
- End-user or service provider experiences with Open vSwitch.
- Hardware ports of Open vSwitch (existing, in progress, or speculative).
- The relationship between OpenFlow and Open vSwitch.
- Using, developing, or administering OpenFlow controllers in conjunction with Open vSwitch.
- Comparisons to other implementations of features found in Open vSwitch (e.g. other OpenFlow implementations, other software switches, etc.).
- Increasing the size and diversity of the Open vSwitch user and developer base.
- Tutorials and walkthroughs of use cases.
How to attend
Registration will be required to attend. A registraiton form will be forthcoming to allow us to email you calendar invites for the conference dates.